Tuesday 30 October 2012

The weight of weights

This week is week 10 weigh in and i've been terrible. I did wednesday night's PT, then Tuesday night I played tennis, but I've been sick since Sunday and have had a spray on tan for the wedding last Saturday so haven't been able to do exercise like I usually do which has sucked and I can feel the impact of it.

When I'm sick too I comfort eat - surprisingly I have a different comfort eating style now though - its very strange! Instead of eating all the chocolate in the house, I had extra food but not too much chocolate. I ate a couple of muesli bars, some rice cakes, corn thins with avocado on it, and two pieces of honeycomb chocolate. That was my overindulgent day - can you believe it? I felt terrible after it but realised that this overeating is different than it was - still too far over my calories but because it wasnt high cal foods it was a bit better.

My weigh in this morning I nearly fainted when I saw the result. I had the wedding where I had a few drinks - mmm 4 sparkling wines and 1 beer. Lucky Im breastfeeding still so couldnt really drink too many cals! I ate a bit but was distracted by bubbs so not too much. The wedding dinner I ate FAR TOO MUCH though! I think my stomach has shrunk! I went all out and ordered what I wanted deciding it was ok to have a treat - so we all had three courses, mine was:
Pork belly on an apple puree and zucchini strips with crispy panceta on top
Steak cooked medium to perfection with potato wedges
Sticky date pudding
And yes I ate everything on all 3 plates! Then felt sick after it... oops!
I cant say I wont do it again, and to be honest it was AMAZING but I did eat too much and I should have left something on all three plates and I still would have been satisfied - possibly more so. I should know better!

Weigh-in yes get to that, so wedding, then 3 days of being sick and eating too much equals.... 1.1kg LOSS - what?! :) I had to weigh myself twice till i believed it. I honestly thought the scales were wrong!

So my thinking is that I've done heaps of weights work in the past 10 weeks, they say that that increases your metabolism - and it has to! Oh they other thing they say is that the exercise and food you ate 2 weeks ago will be what happens that week - if so I'm not looking forward to 2 weeks time!

But I'm rapt! I'm passed my 65kg goal and I am now 64.4kg. This has truly changed my life in so many ways. My goal for this program is 63kg but to be honest if I get into the 63s at all (i.e. 63.9) i'll have acheived my goal. I hope I get there and I really need to work for it this last two weeks. I cant exercise tonight as I'm still trying to get over this sickness, but I really want to push this last 2 weeks.

One thing I have found has helped me stay on track is recording everything I eat on myfitnesspal. ESPECIALLY the days where I have overeaten. This helps me stay accountable and the next day it does make me think twice about what I've eaten. I try to have cups of tea instead of eating to cut back when I'm not feeling well - but recording everything is helping dramatically.

64.4kg... I never ever thought I'd get this low... and I still have two weeks to go!


p.s I wore my Paris dress to the wedding on Saturday - that goal is achieved!



1 comment: