Monday 10 September 2012

How to give praise... and not sound like you're hitting on the trainer!

Unfortunately this post is not the answer for the title - if you do know the answer feel free to comment and let me know!



So we did RPM tonight, me and a fellow 12wbt'er, and during it I felt so incredibly pumped (despite me stupidly getting the seat/handlebars and everything else on the bike set up wrong, even making the instructor get down off the bike DURING the session to help me change it... ugh embarrassing) and the reason I felt so pumped in my usual hated RPM class is because the trainer is FANTASTIC. She's loud, she sings, she tells you what to do when and you are never confused, she gives you tips and tricks that I always seem to need (head up, chest high, knees over toes etc) and just overall really makes you feel like going on!

The problem comes where I am of the firm opinion that if you think someone/something/food/person etc etc is good and over and above the expected/norm that you should tell them! but going through my head is - how do you tell someone how much you appreciate them, without sounding like you are absolutely totally in love with them and either a) making them feel self conscious or b) just making you look like a loser and the instructor saying 'hmmm yeah uh thanks?' and looking back blankly at you wondering at your intentions (as above - trainer is a SHE not a he... definitely no hitting on from my end!). Anyway so I think it turned out ok... I told her in a clumsy way that I thought it was the best class i'd ever done and that was cos she was awesome (see even writing it sounds ridiculous!) and tried to escape quickly afterwards (after a lesson in how to set the bike up) and left my drink bottle on the bike cos I was in a hurry to leave... oh and I just realised I didnt clean the bike doh!

hmmm RPM is quickly becoming my embarrassment of the week... but I love it. 536 cals later and I think I can deal with the embarrassment!

No comments:

Post a Comment