Sunday 9 September 2012

Whoooops, shake miscalculations


So week 3.

I wanted to start this week off good given the 0.7kg loss from last week I didn't feel was enough. The first few weeks are meant to be the biggest! Water retention and all that. And those who say 'you're building muscle!' no - you're wrong. Thats the excuse for those people NOT LOSING WEIGHT! That isnt true unless you are a body builder. So I smile and say 'oh yeah maybe' but all the time as i'm nodding along with them thinking 'no i'm still unhappy and you're not helping!'

So anyway tried to start off the week good and then realised i'd been making up my protein shakes wrong! Seriously am I stupid!? grrrrrrrrr the 100 cal is WITHOUT milk not WITH stupid stupid. So now after wanting to start my week off good I'm already 200cal in deficit. My resolve strengthened. Im using myfitnesspal to scan (you can scan the barcode) and check everything I'm eating, so back on track.

Saturdays I'm quite excited for - most of them aren't and I hate them, but I sort of love them cos afterwards I feel skinny! So Friday night I go to bed feeling cos as apart from the shake scenario I've eaten and exercised GREAT. 
BUT my daughter had other ideas.
Friday night my little girl decided to wake, and wake, and wake... 10:30 feed, 12:30am feed, 2:30am feed, 4:30am feed then 6:30am and feed and up WHAT?! to be honest every time she woke I didnt care as much getting up and I was nearly CRYING realising I needed to do the 1000CAL workout the next day! 

But I got up and when she went down for a sleep I cleaned the house, then my mother in law took her and instead of eating lunch I put that off and went and did the workout! Intermediate wasnt cutting it so I did two rounds of the intermediate then one of the Advanced. Last week I'd burned 740cal by this stage and this time I was only up to 550cal. So tiring... I was trying sooo hard too! 
So 10 mins of the dvd later - note for those doing the 12WBT dont try the cardio dvd after 3 rounds and an hour of the SSS! mental. couldnt feel my legs, and dizzy from no sleep and starving! 

But Im determined. Anyone who knows me from basketball, netball etc, I'm competitive and I get what I set out to get. So I was getting to 1000cal no matter what I had to do!! I had my heart rate monitor on and so after 2 5min episodes of the dvd I started to run around my property. I decided to run till I got to the 1000 cal! quickest way to burn off the cals. So started running and slowly slowly the cals started to build. Higher and higher. I realised as I was running that they will keep ticking over; you keep working, they keep ticking! 

Anyway I got there. 1001cals and 2:15 mins later. 3km run in 6:48min/km after the 3 rounds and the dvd. 

It was an achievement for me and I finished happy. I actually had a shower then tried on my clothes I wanted to fit into by the end of this 12 weeks. For anyone lacking motivation, try on your clothes and it will make you want to go do the exercise. Then try them on again after a good session - it will motivate you even more to eat good that night and try again the next day! 

Sunday is today and its rest day. I needed it and after going to a 1yr old party (NOTHING there to eat for me... I had one piece of white bread to stop the hunger till we left and I could get something suitable!) I'm home and ready and roaring to get into the exercise tomorrow. 

I feel addicted to the feeling I get after the exercise and I hope others do too. I can feel the changes already, I just want the scales to show the difference too. 

Anyway after saying last blog I wouldn't make these huge and boring I fear I've done just that! Next one might be smaller... or I might just continue to have alot to say! Dunno if anyone will find this interesting or not but would love comments of any sort :)

Oh I've attached my last week's inspiration board I created - all the things I'm striving for and the clothes I have been talking about that I want to wear again!

No comments:

Post a Comment