Sunday 23 September 2012

Living in the 60's

Wow its been a week since I last wrote.. I guess thats what happens with a teething bubba and trying to fit in exercise and eating well and shopping and a 50th and a visit to the Melbourne show!

This week I went to Melbourne to meet up with some mums I know and stay at my little sisters house - I ran 5km while there which I loved and loved that I did it fairly quickly! but... super annoyingly my tracker which tells me the stats of my run didnt work and I was already running so couldn't fix it grrr so I don't know my actual times and meant that I needed to do my 'fitness test' for the 12wbt again later on during the week. But I ran about 5km according to my sister's housemate and I was rapt with that as I was only running 3km previously and ran this fairly well.

I hadnt been feeling all that crash hot this week - with my SSS on saturday only adding to 850cals and me going over I was worried I wouldnt lose weight this week - but I was surprised and incredibly happy to see I'd lost 0.8 and was 69.2kg when I weighed in on Wednesday!! Rapt to be back here and this weight is closer to what I was pre-pregnancy. So yes my jeans fit WOOOHOO and the clothes I was wearing on my honeymoon fit yay! I'm getting there! 4.2kg to go to my goal weight...

Today is Sunday and so as promised I will fast forward through some of the week and hope that this isnt a long boring post.

This week saw more social gatherings. Both easier and harder than last week! Going to social gatherings for me is hard, not as much for the food etc offered and the willpower required (not a problem for me in terms of willpower), but that I have no power over the food offered to me... pretty hard.

Lunch saturday was at my sister in laws house and there was lovely lovely food. I needed to bring salad and bread and our own meat. I found its hard as you cant bring my lovely wholemeal seady bread to something like this as its more acceptable to bring a nice crunchy white loaf. For the salad I got away with a green salad, so that one was ok! Overall though it was hard to count calories, but with half a piece of steak (not even a full one - I'm learning!) some salad and one piece of the bread and a pass on the dessert (she knows about the 12wbt so luckily I wasn't bugged about skipping dessert!) I think I ended lunch on an ok note.

Dinner was at a 50th in Melbourne. Sausage rolls, hot dogs, dim sims etc... how to choose what to eat. So I had two party sausage rolls and one pasty. Wasn't enough food but lasted me for a while. Then some mini chicken rolls came out later - GREAT! I had two and lasted all the way through the rest of the food and dessert. Instead of standing around drinking and eating, I helped with the food prep and passing it around to guests which busied my hands. I realised I needed to bring water to gatherings though, as most of the time only soft drinks are provided and there is only so much diet drinks I can drink (Mich being in my head saying only one once in a while!). So ended I think if not within my calories, not far past them.

Unfortunately I couldn't do my SSS though, living where I live made that impossible (3hrs drive to melb) and with my daughter waking at 6am and us not sleeping so well, getting up early isnt an option, no matter what Mich says. So I need to try to fit in another 1000cals throughout this week sometime if possible if I have any chance of keeping up the weight loss!

Today (Sunday) we went to the Melbourne show, and although I was walking around all day, any other exercise was virtually impossible! Food was ok, I taste tested a few things, had an Empanada for lunch (YUM) and snuck in a couple of ciders which was naughty but I haven't drank in so long I let myself! I had a muesli bar for afternoon tea in the car and that held me out till I got home at 8:30pm and warmed up frozen canneloni for dinner (meanwhile we stopped through Maccas, hubby got a meal and an extra burger and I got a bottle of water...mean...).

I think overall this weekend tested me, I learnt some stuff (bring water & keep snacks in the car for emergencies!)  and although I couldn't exercise that made it even more important to eat well. I have been tired (3 hours sleep while my daughter has been teething) and emotional and yet I've managed to curb emotional eating. No opening blocks of chocolate here. Its 'drink a bottle of water and then see if I want a piece'. I never do :) I don't binge on 6 biscuits, I know the after effects before they come. I just seem to be making better decisions which is great. 12 weeks is a long time, but I do think that I will have learnt ALOT and changed alot of habits by the time this is over.

I don't think I will gain this week - I think I've been really good throughout this, but I will be extremely surprised if I lose anything at all! Stay in the 60's is my aim and see how I can push myself this week.

So 69.2kg, 4.2kg to go, 8 weeks till the end. 1/3 of the way through and things are going GREAT so far!

1 comment:

  1. good read, you are doing so well kirby. wish i could do what you're doing :'(

    ReplyDelete