Tuesday 25 September 2012

The numbers game

So today is weigh in today... but before I get to my result of today there is something else I want to discuss. Heart Rate Monitors, and calories burnt. I'm finding it harder and harder to burn calories. I can only guess its because I'm getting fitter and smaller.

I recently came home from an RPM class annoyed that I didn't burn more calories. I had a 'discussion' with my husband over this. He didn't seem to get my point that I wanted to burn more calories in the same amount of time instead of less and less every week. It really annoys me that I seem to work just as hard but burn less! We went round and round with me just plain annoyed I have to work harder, and my dear husband not understanding why I was annoyed that a) I'm getting quite fit, and b) that I'm losing weight so am smaller, making those calories harder to lose! Silly debate really, as we were both on my side when it comes down to it, I think it just annoys me haha. DH's point at the end was 'imagine how hard Michelle Bridges needs to work to burn 1000 calories!'. He did have some good points (and no I don't think I'm as fit as her!!!).

So the weigh in... after my big weekend, not as good as I wanted to be, but still very focused on counting calories where I could, as MB says, 'its 80% about the food' - so with that in mind... drum roll please... I'm now 68.2kg ... can you believe it! My aim after being pregnant with my daughter was to be 68kg... luckily I went a bit beyond this for 12wbt and said my aim is 65kg. It's just unbelievable... my weight just before my wedding was 67.9kg. I cant believe I'm practically there, and I'm so excited for what the next 7 weeks brings! Even a small weight loss over these weeks will bring me lower than I've ever been before.



This shows me what dedication can really do. For anyone who thinks its 'easier' for me, or any other excuse as to why this seems to be working... I'm dedicated. Thats it. I do the work outs she sets. I count calories and try to stay under 1200 calories (actually 1700 cos I'm breastfeeding). I'm honest with what I eat. I don't have much time for other things cos I'm cooking, exercising, cleaning, looking after bubb etc. But for the 12 weeks (only 5 so far!) of effort, think of the pay back and clothes I can wear by the end of this. My body seems to be changing every day, and I wake up excited to try on clothes I haven't been able to wear in a year!

Looking forward to the next 3.2kg. They will be hard to lose but I'm so excited at the prospect of losing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment